Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Temple of God





From Tehillim (Psalms) 132 -
God put it in David's heart to build a dwelling place.
God told David he could not because David was a man of blood. It would be one of Davids sons who would build the Temple.
Solomon built the physical Temple.
I think it was another Son who would build the Spiritual Temple . . .

"Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16

He wants US to be His Dwelling Place.
The spiritual result of that is the same as the physical one . . .

"For the Lord has chosen Jerusalem;
he has desired it for his home.
“This is my resting place forever,” he said.
“I will live here, for this is the home I desired.
I will bless this city and make it prosperous;
I will satisfy its poor with food.
I will clothe its priests with godliness;
its faithful servants will sing for joy.
Here I will increase the power of David;
my anointed one will be a light for my people.
I will clothe his enemies with shame,
but he will be a glorious king.”

Jesus said to the Samaritan woman, at the well,  "If you knew who I was you would ask me for water and the water I would give you, if you would drink it, would flow out of you like a river of living water"

Everything we do then would flow out of being His dwelling place!

No comments:

Post a Comment